ASHRAE is a society of HVAC professionals and this particular scholarship has been established to encourage undergraduates to pursue studies in engineering, science or mathematics that would be fundamental for a career in the heating, ventilating, refrigeration and air conditioning profession. This scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 is awarded annually and is available to students entering or enrolled in undergraduate programs in engineering or engineering technology in which the student is pursuing a course of study that traditionally has been a preparatory curriculum for a career in HVAC&R. It is possible that the successful applicant could receive this scholarship for more than a single year.
The successful applicant must meet the following criterion:
- Recipient will be eligible to attend college classes in the fall of 2013.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA, where 4.0 is the highest, in math and science courses taken.
- Entering/Accepted/Enrolled full-time to an ABET-accredited engineering, science or technical program yielding a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree. Or Entering/Accpeted/Enrolled full-time to a technical program from a technical school or Community College in pursuit of an applied technical degree for HVAC or Energy Management.
- Scholarship is to be applied toward tuition, room and board or books at the college or institution of higher learning where recipient is committed to attend and will be paid directly to the student.
- Complete an application and submit the completed application to the Pikes Peak ASHRAE Scholarship committee prior to February 22, 2013.
- The recipient must have proven/demonstrated leadership ability and submit a written recommendation from 2 or more instructors.
- An Official transcript of grades from all coursework, including the most recently completed semester or quarter of study.
- An additional letter of recommendation from an individual familiar with the applicant’s character, accomplishments and likelihood of success in the HVAC and/or refrigeration industry. This letter cannot come from a family member.
- All applicants will be eligible for and listed in the Pikes Peak ASHRAE summer intern job postings.
The Student Activities Chairperson and the Pikes Peak Scholarship Committee will recommend a recipient to the Board of Governors for award of the scholarship.
Documentation will be sent to the recipient’s place of residence and the scholarship will be awarded at the most appropriate awards ceremony venue held in May. The recipient must be present at the awards ceremony to receive the scholarship.